We are working with a global leader formed over 40+ years ago and growing to a team of over 25,000 individuals that specialises in serving customers in a range of industries with highly complex products and demanding regulatory environments.
The client has big plans in place and are currently looking for a Test Development Engineer as they continue to grow their Functional Testing teams across the business for a number of new projects in South East Scotland.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Develop and implement functional test solutions that satisfy the customer’s product test requirements.
- Development activities include test specification analysis, test system design, software development, and mechanical design.
- Implementation activities include system integration, software coding and debugging, test system build support, installation, user training, and start-up support.
- Test performance characterization includes test coverage, programming/calibration functions, automation, repeatability, reliability, safety, ergonomics, and supportability.
- Be a strong technical contributor and strong technical mentor to mentor junior engineers to ensure the success of the Functional Test Projects and the Functional Test Team.
- Constantly provide Continuous Improvement and Growth to the Functional Test Team
- Bachelor of Engineering/Science degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant work experiences in functional test equipment development.
- Possess good programming skill with at least one programming language like C++, LabView, and others.
- Strong in circuit and test specification analysis and be able to develop technical expertise quickly when exposing to different functional test requirement like Environment Stress Screen (ESS) test, PCBA level functional test, High Level Assembly (HLA) functional test and others.
- Expert in handling and remotely control the measurement instrument like Digital Multimeter (DMM), Oscilloscope, Controllable Power Supply, LCR meter and other measurement instrument.
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and mentoring skills.
- Passionate and great team player