We are working with a global leader formed over 40+ years ago and growing to a team of over 25,000 individuals that specialises in serving customers in a range of industries with highly complex products and demanding regulatory environments.
The client has big plans in place and are currently looking for an Analog Engineer/Radio Frequency (RF) to join the growing Hardware teams based in their main design centres in South East Scotland.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Design of RF circuit hardware
- Guide New Customer/Product Introductions.
- focus on RF front-end design and associated critical electronics functions, e.g., ADCs, DACs, power supply design,
- Derive technical performance specifications from high level use cases.
- Possess a degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering or strongly related subject.
- Able to take responsibility and lead the design of complex RF hardware
- Expert knowledge of board level RF circuit design and the latest industry developments
- Expert knowledge of how to design different radio front-end architectures along with an understanding of trade-offs; cascade design and analysis
- Good knowledge of theoretical foundations and the practical application of theory in design
- Understanding of RF PCB construction and how to specify appropriate board stacks particularly where RF elements, such as filters, are incorporated into the PCB and where RF performance can be affected by manufacturing tolerances.
- Experience of Direct Digital Synthesis and/or high-power RF techniques
- Experience of EM and large-signal RF simulation design tools (e.g., HFSS, CST, ADS, Altium, PCB tools)
- Good understanding of antennas, waveforms, signal processing
- Familiarity with RF lab equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analysers, and vector signal analysers is required.