S&B Automotive Academy
What does your organisation do?
S&B Automotive Academy is a Bristol based training provider who offer apprenticeships in the Automotive Sector. We work with large companies such as MAN, John Lewis and Arriva and offer a variety of disciplines ranging from Heavy Vehicle Mechanics to Sales and Customer Service.
What area(s) / disciplines of engineering and technology do you have apprenticeship opportunities?
- Bus and coach engineering and maintenance apprenticeships - Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Vehicle body and paint apprenticeships - Level 2 & Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Heavy and Light Vehicle mechanics apprenticeships - Level 3
How do you create an inclusive workforce?
As an Automotive apprenticeship provider, the majority of our applicants and lecturers are male. In order to try and promote the Automotive sector to females, we seek out all girls schools to attend careers events and meetings at. We ensure that all our employers offer the same opportunities to our apprentices, regardless of gender, race or sexual orientation and any disputes to the contrary are heavily investigated.
Top 5 tips for applying for a role at S&B Automotive Academy
- Include as much information as possible on all application forms
- Be proactive in seeking employment
- Gain as much knowledge about the job role you are applying for before you apply
- Make sure you have the basic qualifications required before applying for a role
- If you’re not sure, ask!