Graduate Vacancies: 160 (2018)
Internships: 50 (2018)
What does your organisation do?
Our vision is a better railway for a better Britain.
We deliver a railway that is safer, more reliable and more efficient than ever before, to help build a thriving, sustainable economy. Britain’s railway does more than transport passengers and goods. It brings people and businesses closer together, which creates new jobs, opens up new markets and stimulates economic growth. We want to provide the best possible service to everyone who relies on the railway – passengers, train operating companies and businesses nationwide.
But there’s more to our organisation than you might have imagined. We’re also one of the largest land and property owners in Britain. We manage a huge property portfolio that includes 18 of the biggest stations in Britain, the retail outlets inside them, and the small businesses that live under their arches.
We’re behind some of the biggest, most innovative projects in the world.
From the world’s largest solar bridge at Blackfriars through to electrification and HS2. Pioneers in advanced technology, our technical team invented the use of HD cameras to identify track wear-and-tear more efficiently. We’re also responsible for the 17,000km-long fibre optic network that powers our trackside signals, telephones and electrical systems. We do all this while maintaining safety as our number one priority.
What area(s) / disciplines of engineering and technology do you recruit?
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- IT & Business Services
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Project Management
How do you create an inclusive workforce?
Everyone, our diversity and inclusion strategy, sets out how we’ll deliver a safer, more accessible and improved service for our customers and passengers, and how we’ll make Network Rail a better place to work for everyone.
We have an award-winning, industry-acclaimed diversity and inclusion team, and our Everyone strategy and Spaces and Places for Everyone strategy are highly regarded across the rail and engineering sectors.
Our employee networks provide an effective way of helping us to reflect and understand the communities we serve. Each network has a sponsor from the Executive Committee:
- Archway promotes LGBT inclusion, and was named best LGBT network in Britain by the British LGBT Awards.
- Can Do is for colleagues with disabilities and anyone who wishes to support, or find out more about, people with disabilities.
- Cultural Fusion brings together our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic employees.
- Inspire is focused on creating a fair and supportive environment for women working.
- The Multi-Faith Forum is open to all employees across all faith groups and none, helping to create a workplace where everyone can work comfortably in a faith-tolerant environment.
- Myriad, the carers' network provides support for employees who have caring responsibilities