Graduate Vacancies: 20 - 25 annually (2018)
What does your organisation do?
The ISS Group was founded in Copenhagen in 1901 and has grown to become one of the world's leading facility services companies. ISS offers a wide range of services such as: Cleaning, Catering, Security, Engineering, Property and Support Services as well as Facility Management. Global revenue amounted to DKK 79.2 billion in 2016 and ISS has more than 490,000 employees and activities in more than 74 countries across Europe, Asia, North America, Latin America and Pacific; serving thousands of both public and private sector customers.
What area(s) / disciplines of engineering and technology do you recruit?
ISS recruit for a wide variety of technical roles within the building services, energy and sustainability space(s). These are as follows:-
- Maintenance Engineering and Management (electrical, HVAC, combustion)
- Installation / repair skilled trades and Management (electrical, mechanical, carpentry, fabric, HVAC)
- BMS Controls Engineers / Management
- Asset Management / Verification
- Engineering Excellence
- Energy & Sustainability
- Critical Engineering Maintenance and Management
- Project Management positions
- QS and Surveyors
How do you create an inclusive workforce?
At ISS we recognise our individual differences, understand that each individual is unique and aim to understand and celebrate our difference. As such a fundamental Corporate Responsibility Strategy at ISS is building a diverse and inclusive culture.
We celebrate diversity via a range of activities including;
- a monthly Diversity Diary and social media communications on a wide range of topics linked to our diversity calendar
- an LGBT+ Pledge Day which saw employees commit to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where people can bring their whole selves to work for the benefit of us all.
We are members of the Disability Confident scheme, Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI) the UK's leading employer network covering all aspects of equality and inclusion in the workplace and ‘LGBT+ in FM’ which involves a variety of organisations collaborating in order to make the facilities management sector the most attractive, inclusive and supportive industry for the LGBT+ community in the UK and Ireland.
Key activities which are planned for 2018 include;
- the expansion of unconscious bias training for all
- the development of inclusivity networks and implementation of formal mentoring, reverse mentoring and sponsorship programmes focussing on Ability, Culture, Gender and LGBT+
Top 5 tips for applying for a role at ISS
- Do your research. Our employees live and breathe our values and mission statement as we strive towards our vision of becoming The World’s Leading Service Organisation.
- Authenticity is key. At ISS we encourage diversity and individuality as this drives us towards our Vision.
- Both your work and non-work experience is important. We’re always keen to hear how you contribute to society as a whole.
- Ask us questions about what it’s like to work at ISS.
- Think about your future as we have world class training and development opportunities.