EqualEngineers empowers people and organisations to access careers in engineering and technology while creating inclusive workforce cultures that retains talent. We achieve this through our events and programmes increasing representation of minoritised groups, and through our training and consulting transforming the culture to one rooted in psychological safety.
We are excited to be recruiting for our first role, and to welcome a Programme & Events Manager to our team! Could this be you?? Here’s a bit more about us.
Our clients include businesses such as McLaren Racing, Rolls-Royce, EDF Energy, Heathrow, Network Rail, SSE, Google and many more. To date we have connected over 10,000 opportunity-seekers with over 100 employers across our careers fairs since 2017. Our Pathways Programme is our new and exciting flagship student development programme aimed at engineering undergraduate students whereby students gain access to employability training, and are partnered with a mentor from one of our programme sponsors for 6-months. Our training courses have been delivered to thousands of engineers with an ever growing demand.
We are embarking on an exciting period of significant growth in 2022 in the UK and internationally with a focus on empowering more minoritised groups to access employment opportunities and to support more corporate partners to build their future workforce.
You will need to be experienced in managing programmes and events at large scale and comfortable with engaging and managing relationships with corporate partners and talent on our programmes.
Role: Programmes and Events Manager
Employment type: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday 8 hour day, core hours 9am to 3pm. Welcome applications from people who need flexibility in working hours. Occasional evening work may be required.
Start Date: ASAP reporting to Managing Director
Location: Hybrid (Home and London) with potential UK and international travel
What we offer
- Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Employer Pension Plan, combined minimum of 8% contribution
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and company closed between Christmas and New Year
- Laptop provided (company owned)
- Two volunteering days per year (to use if you wish to)
The Programmes and Events Manager is a key part of developing and refining our strategic growth objectives for the next three years.
This individual will have a clear understanding and experience of how to deliver high quality events, development programmes and employability programmes. This will include how to make our programmes and events engaging for both our corporate partners and talent community. Good knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion is desirable, and training can be provided on the job.
Our main events include our engineering careers fairs which take place across the UK. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering this suite of events involving with more details outlined below in what we need.
What we need
- Handle enquiries from prospective exhibitors interested in joining us and seeing this through from enquiry to securing the sale.
- Stakeholder management with confirmed exhibitors including dissemination of logistics information
- Prepare and collate risk assessment documentation
- Communications management with schools, colleges and opportunity-seekers registered online.
- Creation and maintenance of online website, event registration pages ensuring
- Exhibitor brochure content collation and creation of event brochure
- Preparation of feedback forms and quality reporting
Our Pathways Programme is our development programme for students from minoritised groups in engineering and technology. This programme launched in October 2021 with 4 founding sponsors and received over 600 applications. It represents a growth area and so you will have the opportunity to scale and positively influence what we want to become a flagship programme connecting engineers of today with the engineers of tomorrow.
- Plan and launch for each cohort intake in April and October each year
- Update materials and content to reflect upcoming cohort intake
- Manage applications from engineering students, lead on the shortlisting process against defined criteria.
- Stakeholder management with programme sponsors
- Manage mentor-mentee pairing process
- Manage the onboarding process for new mentors and mentees to the programme including enrolment in the online learning platform for mentoring introduction.
- Preparation of feedback forms and quality reporting
Sales & Marketing
- Support maintenance of sales and campaign tracking
- Social media campaign promotion
- Creation of social media assets in Canva
- Scheduling of posts for social media channels using Hootsuite
- Newsletter creation and regular dissemination
- Management of sales funnel tracker using Hubspot
- Establish, build, nurture and maintain good professional working relationships with corporate partners, employment partners, universities, engineering institutions, careers services and community organisations working with minoritised groups.
- Research the market for intelligence on what competitors are doing, what services are being sought
- Prepare client insights reports to support sales campaign to new prospects and existing clients identifying new sales opportunities.
- Lead on the development of an annual Impact Report
- Set up and manage client profiles on our jobs board
- Ensure job board is up to date with live job opportunities
- Create assets and source content from client profiles to feature in our social media and newsletters
- Liaise with client to schedule bulk-delivery of training
- Create joining instructions and issue to attendees
- Liaise and support EqualEngineers Consultants delivering training
- Create, issue and manage pre/post-event feedback surveys
- Manage the EqualEngineers Academy online learning platform, student enrolment and reporting.
The successful applicant will play a lead role in the above and any other programmes and events which we think would be worth creating for our community.
Skills & Experience
Ability to of deliver, manage and execute programmes and events ideally for corporate clients and beneficiaries of people from minoritised groups
Excellent organisation, verbal and written skills and impeccable attention to detail
Ability to prioritise and deliver against set targets to agreed deadlines
Willingness and ability to use initiative and work autonomously in a start-up environment
Ability to manage multiple projects and events
Able to lead client meetings and communication via email, face to face and virtual meetings and to take initiative in managing these relationships.
Ability to work productively with a diverse range of stakeholders such as engineering employers, institutions, universities, schools and colleges, amongst others.
Proven experience in managing events sponsored by corporate clients, working with vendors from conception to post event wrap up.
Experience of applying to trusts and foundations for grant funding would be desirable.
Knowledge of diversity and inclusion trends and challenges affecting individuals from minoritised groups is desirable but will also be gained through on the job experience.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter where you show how you meet these skills we are looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs sent without a covering letter will not be considered. Role will be closed when vacancy has been filled.
EqualEngineers (as you would expect!) is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals from people of all ages, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please let us know at email@example.com.